Kangaroo, Skippy roo, dozing in the midday sun.
Comes a hunter: run, run, run.
Guess who caught you just for fun?
Students sit in a circle. One child, the “kangaroo,” sits in the middle with his/her eyes closed. One student is chosen from the circle to sing the last 2 phrases solo: “Guess who caught you just for fun?” The student with eyes closed has 3 guesses to name who sang that part. The student who sang becomes the new “kangaroo.”
Recorder Notes G,A,B,C,D’
- songs with miscellaneous animals
- so-mi songs
- circle singing games
- recorder songs G,A,B,C,D’
- songs for solo singing
- songs with steps, skips & repeats in the melody
Extras for Plus Members
(or can be purchased here)
- Printable & Digital Melody Visuals
- Pitch Matching Rubric
- Song with chords, Orff arrangements, Game instructions, Recorder Student Copies (notes G,A,B,C,D’) (PDF)
- MIDI file