(American folk song)
1. I’m going to Georgia, I’m going to roam;
I’m going to Georgia to make it my home.
2. I once loved a young man as dear as my life
And he oft-times did promise to make me his wife.
3. The promise he fulfilled and he made me his wife;
And you see what I’ve come to by believing his lies.
4. Come all ye fair ladies, take warning by me
Never cast your affections on a green growing tree.
5. The leaves they may wither, the flowers may die
Some young man may fool you as one has fooled I.
Extras for Plus Members
- Song with chords (PDF)
- MIDI file
- Listen to the song