Last updated: June 5, 2018
Beth’s Notes Inc. is a United States limited liability company subject to the laws of the United States. The United States may not offer a level of privacy protection as great as that offered in other jurisdictions. Since our servers are located in the United States, your data may be transferred to, stored, or processed in the United States. By using our Services, you understand and consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your data to our facilities in the United States and those third parties we share your data with as described in this Policy and our Terms of Service Agreement.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
- Contact forms
Our Contact Forms use the smart honeypot technique to prevent spam. The reason why the Honeypot technique is so popular because it prevents spam without interfering with the user experience. We also take advantage of the reCAPTCHA project by Google to reduce spam submission on our forms.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year. If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
- Embedded content from other websites
- Data Collected to Manage Your Membership
- We may use also your personal data to:
- Provide the services;
- Resolve disputes, calculate and collect fees, and troubleshoot problems;
- Verify your identity and the information you provide;
- Encourage a safe online experience and enforce our policies;
- Customize your experience and analyze usage of, improve and measure interest in, and inform you about the services;
- Provide you with information that may affect your use of the services;
- Communicate marketing and promotional offers;
- Provide customer service, including receipts;
- Develop new products; and
- Perform certain other business activities.
How we may disclose your data
We may disclose, and you consent to our disclosing of, your personal data to:
- Service providers and others who help with our business operations and assist in the delivery of our products and services including, but not limited to, application development, site hosting, maintenance, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, email delivery services, payment processing, marketing, analytics, and enforcement of our Terms of Service Agreement and other agreements;
- Third parties in the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, debt financing of assets, joint venture, assignment, transfer, or other disposition of all or any portion of our business or assets (including in connection with any insolvency, bankruptcy, receivership, or similar proceeding);
- Persons or entities with whom you consent to have your personal data shared;
- Third parties in order to prevent damage to our property (tangible and intangible), for safety reasons, or to collect amounts owed to us;
- Merchants and payment processors; and
- Third parties as we believe necessary or appropriate, in any manner permitted under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence to: comply with legal process; respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; enforce our Terms of Service Agreement and other agreements; protect our operations; protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; and allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
- Visitor comments are checked through an automated spam detection service.
We will never sell, rent, or lease your personal data to a third party.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue. For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). The website administrator can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
- Opting out of Receiving Electronic Communications from us
If you no longer want to receive marketing-related emails from us, you may opt-out via the unsubscribe link or by notifying us at email@example.com. We may still send you important messages regarding administrative matters, updates, disputes, and customer service issues that are required to provide you with the Services.
- Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies
- Web Beacons
When we send emails to customers, we may use web beacons to track who opened the emails and clicked links to measure campaign performance and improve features for customers. We also use web beacons in the emails we deliver for customers to create reports about campaign performance and determine what actions subscribers took.