1. Old Molly Hare, What you doing there?
Running through the cotton patch as fast as I can tear.
2. Old Molly Hare, what you doing there?
Sitting in my fireplace a-smoking my cigar.
3. Old Molly Hare, what you doing there?
Sitting on a haystack a-shooting at a bear.
4. Old Molly Hare, what you doing there?
Sitting on a butter-plate a-picking out a hair.
5. Old Molly Hare, your tail’s too short.
Yes, doggone it, I can tuck it out of sight.
6. Dogs say “boo,” and they bark too.
I haven’t got the time for to talk to you.
7. Riding of a goat and leading of a sheep,
I won’t be back till the middle of the week.
- movement / dance songs
- songs about rabbits
- tempo resources
- more info
- more lyrics
- slightly different version
- Folk String Instruments: video: instrumental | video: instrumental | 2nd grade strings unit
- source: American Folk Songs for Children,Ruth Crawford Seeger, Doubleday & Company, Inc., 1948
Extras for Plus Members
- Song with chords, Lesson ideas for Locomotor movements, Fast/slow
- MIDI file