1. There’s fire in the lower deck, fire down below.
Fire in the mainwell, the captain didn’t know.
Fire! Fire! Fire down be-low.
It’s fetch a bucket of water, girls, there’s fire down below.
2. There’s fire up aloft, there’s fire down below,
Fire in the galley, the cook didn’t know. Refrain
3. There’s fire in the forepeak, fire down below,
Fire in the chain-plates; the bo’sun didn’t know. Refrain
This could be paired with Scotland’s Burning as a medley. The words for “Scotland’s burning” could be changed to “Ship is burning” or “Something’s burning”.
- sea shanties
- songs about fire fighting
- songs with triplets
- songs with fermatas
- songs with I IV V chords
- source: American Folk Songs for Children,Ruth Crawford Seeger, Doubleday & Company, Inc., 1948
Extras for Plus Members
(or available for purchase here)
- Printable & Digital Visuals
- Song with chords, Adapted Easier Version (PDF)
- MIDI file