Come through in a hurry (repeat twice)
I don’t know how, how…
I’ll show you how, how…
Ain’t I rock candy…
Formation: Students form two lines facing each other.
Verse 1: Head couple join hands and sashay down between the two lines, then return back where they started.
Verses 2-4: All students turn to face the head couple. The head person on the left turns left, and the head person on the right turns right with all of the students following around. They walk toward the foot of the line. When the head couple reaches the foot of the line, they join hands high over their heads, and the other couples go underneath and return to their original spots. There is now a new head couple and the dance begins again.
Optional: This can be danced like the Virginia Reel. (See instructions.)
Recorder Notes D, E, G, A, B, D'
- songs from the Southeastern US
- recorder DEGABD’ songs
- recorder ABD’ songs
- movement / dance songs
- songs with syncopation
- songs with countermelodies
- pentatonic songs
- Orff arrangements
- songs with I V chords
- songs with low so & low la
- digital download – children singing
- digital download – female singer
- lesson ideas – Utah schools
- Kodály Analysis
Extras for Plus Members
- Song with chords, Lesson ideas for Rhythm (Phrases, Syncopation, Meter in 2, Dictation), Recorder Notes D,E,G,A,B,D’, countermelody (Notes A,B,D’), Orff arrangement) (PDF)
- MIDI file
- Listen to the song