Don’t want your weevily* wheat,
Don’t want your barley.
Take some flour in half an hour
To bake a cake for Charlie.
Five times five is twenty-five,
Five times six is thirty,
Five times seven is thirty five,
Five times eight is forty.
*A weevil is a beetle-like insect that can be harmful to crops.
Motions / Play-Party Game
Formation: Students stand in circle groups of 4. Before starting, each student gets a number 1,2,3 or 4.
Measures 1-2 – All circle left
Measures 3-4 – All circle right
All face center.
Measure 5 – On each beat, each person adds right hand to the middle, stacking hands on top of each other. (1,2,3,4)
Measure 6 – On each beat, each person adds left hand to the stack. (1,2,3,4)
Measure 7 – On each beat, each person takes off left hand (top hand first). (4,3,2,1)
Measure 8 – On each beat, each person takes off right hand. (4,3,2,1)
- more songs with syncopation
- more counting songs
- more hand-clapping songs
- more movement / dance songs
- more songs about insects
- more songs with the tonic triad in the melody
- more songs with low so & low la
- more pentatonic songs
- more songs with I IV V chords
- more songs with Orff arrangements
- Form resources
The following content is available below to Plus Members:
- PDF includes:
- Song with chords
- Instrument parts for Rhythm (syncopation, quarter notes & rests, quarter & eighth notes) & Melody (pentatonic)
- Orff arrangement
- MIDI file