We’re making a purple stew,
Whip whip whip whip,
Making a purple stew,
Shoobie doobie doo.
With purple potatoes,
And purple tomatoes,
And YOU in our purple stew!
- Line 1 = Pretend to stir soup
- Line 2 = Shake hips and alternate moving hands up and down.
- Line 3 = same as line 1
- Line 4 = Shimmy jazz hands down
- Line 5 = One hand out to the side
- Line 6 = Other hand out to the side
- Line 7 = See game options below.
Formation: Students stand in a circle with one student, who is “It” in the middle.
- Students sing with motions.
- Line 7 = On “YOU,” “It” points randomly to someone in the circle, who goes to the middle of the circle and becomes the new “It.”
Formation: Either teacher or a student is the Leader.
- Line 7 = After “YOU,” the Leader the name of a student, and everyone says “What are you gonna add to the purple stew?”
- The student says, “A purple …..” (any noun)
- That student can become the new Leader.
Extras for Plus Members
- Song with chords (PDF)
- MIDI file
- Listen to the song