1. As I went to market on one market day,
I saw as big a sheep, sir, as ever fed on hay.
Oh, fare-a-raddy daddy, Oh fare-a-raddy day,
Oh, fare-a-raddy daddy, Oh fare-a-raddy day.
2. Oh, he was so big, sir, he could neither walk nor stand,
And every foot he had, sir, It covered an acre of land. Refrain
3. Oh, the first tooth he had, sir, was big as a saddle horn,
The next one to it held forty barrels of corn. Refrain
- songs about sheep
- silly songs
- songs with chords I, IV, V
- source: Animal Folk Songs for Children,Ruth Crawford Seeger, Doubleday & Co, 1950
Extras for Plus Members
- Song with chords (PDF)
- MIDI file