Em pom pee para me para moscas,
Em pom pee, para me.
Acca dairy, so fairy,
Acca dairy, poof poof!
These lyrics are nonsense syllables.
Formation: Partners facing each other
- First 2 phrases: Students alternate clapping (each other’s hands) between clenched and open palms.
- Phrases 3 & 4: Students cross arms against their shoulders one at a time.
- Ending: “Pat-a-cake” motions
(source of motions: Opie, The Singing Game, 1985)
- hand-clapping songs
- songs with mixed meter
- Orff arrangements
- songs with chords I & V
- source: The Singing Game, Iona & Peter Opie, Oxford University Press, 1985
Extras for Plus Members
(or available for purchase here)
- Printable & Digital Rhythm Visuals
- Song with chords, hand-clapping instructions (2 versions), Orff arrangement (PDF)
- MIDI file