1. Peep squirrel, Ya di da di deedy um
Peep squirrel, Ya di da di deedy um (repeat)
2. Hop squirrel, Ya di da di deedy um…
3. Run squirrel, Ya di da di deedy um…
4. Come here mule, Ya di da di deedy um…
5. Whoa mule, I can’t get the saddle on…
6. Go that mule, I can’t get the saddle on…
7. Go that squirrel, I can’t get the saddle on…
Motions for Baby
- For a lullaby, sing slowly while rocking a baby.
- This is also sung while bouncing a baby on a knee.
(For verses 1, 2 and 3)
Children stand in a circle, one student is the squirrel. The squirrel moves outside or inside the circle while the rest of the students sing.
Verse 1: While students sing “peep,” Squirrel walks.
Verses 2 & 3: Squirrel hops or runs.
At the end of each verse, the Squirrel taps another student to be the next Squirrel.
Extras for Plus Members
- Song (2 versions) with chords, Lesson ideas for Rhythm (Steady Beat, Dotted eighth – sixteenth note pattern), Circle Games – 2 Versions, Recorder Student Copies – 2 versions (Notes D,E,G,A,B)
- MIDI file
- Listen to the song