1. Oh is it not a pleasant thing to wander through the woods?
To look upon the painted flowers and watch the opening buds.
2. To sit with the deep cool shade at some tall ash tree’s root,
To fill my little basket with the sweet and scented fruit.
3. I sigh when first I see the leaves fall yellow on the plain,
And all the winter long I sing, “Sweet summer, come again!”
- more songs from England
- more songs from the British Isles
- more songs about summer
- more fall songs
- more songs with the major pentascale (going up) in the melody
- more songs with I IV V chords
The following content is available below to Plus Members:
- PDF includes:
- Song with chords
- MIDI file