1. I’m lookin’ kinda seedy now while headin’ down my claim;
My vittles are not always of the best,
And the mice play shyly round me as I nestle down to rest
In my little old sod shanty on the plain.
Oh, the hinges are of leather
And the windows have no glass;
The boards let the howling blizzard in.
You can see the hungry coyote
As he sneaks up through the grass
To my little old sod shanty on my claim.
2. I rather like the novelty of living in this way,
Though my bill of fare is never of the best,
But I’m happy as a clam on the land of Uncle Sam
In my little old sod shanty in the West. Refrain
- more silly songs
- more songs from the American West
- more songs from the Western states (U.S.)
- more songs with dotted eighth note – sixteenth note patterns
The following content is available below to Plus Members:
- PDF includes:
- Song with chords
- MIDI file