1. There’s a student* in the ring, Tra-la-la-la-la.
There’s a student in the ring, Tra-la-la-la-la-la,
Student in the ring, Tra-la-la-la-la,
And she/he looks like the sugar in a plum, plum, plum.
2. Now show us your motion…
3. Now let’s skip across the ocean…
*original lyrics “brown girl”
It’s a fun song and game to help the students start out the school year: to get to know each others’ names and work together.
- more songs from the West Indies
- more circle singing games
- more songs from the Caribbean Islands
- more name songs
- more songs with dotted eighth note – sixteenth note patterns
- more songs with chords I V
The following content is available below to Plus Members:
- PDF includes:
- Song with chords
- Lesson ideas
- MIDI file