Worksheets / Assessments
- Rhythmic Dictation – Idea: practice over several lessons with popsicle sticks.
- Steady Beat Rubric – For this, I assess the students by observing them over time and making notes in my grade book/seating chart.
- Rhythm Notes & Rests Assessment
- Rhythm: Notes / Rests Performance – We practice this over time. Students put the sheets in their laps or on the risers next to them and clap while saying “ta’s.”
- Rhythm Performance Assessment Rubric
- Beat vs. No Beat – See Beat vs. No Beat for download.
- Quarter Note & Rest & Eighth Notes – See Leaf & Pumpkin Sheets for download.
- Rhythm Composition – See Rhythm Compositions for download.
Extras for Plus Members
- Rhythmic Dictation Assessment
- Steady Beat Performance Rubric
- Performance Assessment (Student Copy & Rubric)