Here is the tree with leaves so green.
Here are the apples that hang between.
When the wind blows the apples fall.
Here is a basket to gather them all.
Line 1 – Make a tree with arms
Line 2 – Make fists
Line 3 – Wave arms, then let fists fall suddenly
Line 4 – Link hands to make a basket
- songs / chants about food
- songs /chants about trees
- songs / chants about fall / autumn
- songs / chants with motions
- lesson ideas for Form AB
- lesson ideas for Form ABA
- High & Low / Up & Down
- quarter & eighth notes
- 1st grade rhythm assessments
- 2nd grade rhythm assessments
- source: Round and Round the Garden and Other Action Songs, Caroline Repchuk, Parragon, 2000
- Downloadable lyrics & rhythm, Lesson ideas for Rhythm (Quarter notes & rests, Dotted Quarter Notes, Eighth Notes, Syncopation), Form (AB, ABA), Melody (High & Low / Up & Down) (PDF)