Hark! How the little raindrops
Pitter patter down the pane
Pitter patter, pitter patter, pitter patter goes the rain.
Oh you tiresome little rain drops,
How I wish you’d go away!
You will keep me in the school room
When I might be out at play!
Oh you silly little school boy,
Should the raindrops never come,
Where would be the pears and apples
In the garden round your home?
Pitter patter, pitter patter, pitter patter goes the rain!
Pitter patter, pitter patter, pitter patter down the pane!
Oh I do not like the raindrops
For they spoil the roses red
And the strawberries, they batter
Down upon the muddy bed.
Oh you grumbling little school boy,
Did the raindrops cease to fall,
There would be no bonny roses
And no strawberries at all!
Oh you pretty little raindrops, come at once and come again;
For you bring the thirsty meadows the sweet blessings of the rain.
- songs about the weather
- pentatonic songs
- songs with chords I, IV, V
- songs with one chord
- mi so la songs
- Orff arrangements
- quarter note / eighth note resources
- songs in 3
- songs with dotted eighth note – sixteenth note patterns
- source: The Child’s Own Music Book: The Largest Collection of Mothers’ and Children’s Songs, Musical Games and Piano Music Ever Published, Covering Completely All Phases of Child Life, 1918
Extras for Plus Members
(or available for purchase here)
- Song with chords, New tune – (pentatonic) melody with mi so la, Lesson ideas (melody, rhythm: eighths & quarters), Orff arrangement
- MIDI file