All around the daffodils,
If you want to find a friend,
Just choose me!
- Version 1 – Formation: The children stand in a circle and hold hands up high to form “windows.” Choose one student as “It” (optional: “It” can hold fake daffodils, handkerchief or other item) and weave in and out of the windows. When the students sing, “just choose me,” “It” grabs the hand of whomever is the closest, and those the two students walk in and out of the windows. (You could have the second student become “It” and lead them through.) Keep singing until everyone is holding hands, and the teacher can make a window by putting hands against a wall, while everyone goes under the arch for the last time.
- Version 2 – Formation: The children stand in a circle and hold hands up high to form “windows.” Two students are “It” and hold fake daffodils. The 2 students weave in and out of the circle, finally landing in front of someone at the end of the song. They each hand the daffodils to the new students, who proceed to weave in and out of the windows as the song starts again.
- minor / modal songs
- spring songs
- circle singing games
- songs with both major & minor
- songs with duple & triple versions / sections
- Orff arrangements
- Meter / Time Signature resources
- songs with the tonic triad in the melody
Extras for Plus Members
- Song with chords (3 versions: 1 new version in a major key and 1 easier-to-sing melody), Orff arrangement with focus on meter switching from 6/8 to 3/4 (PDF)
- MIDI file