1. Early one morning before the sun had risen,
I had a bluebird in the fields gayly sing (or change to “fields happily sing.”)
“South winds are blowing, Green grass is growing.
Welcome to herald the merry spring.”
2. One autumn afternoon just as the sun was setting,
I heard a bluebird on a tree pipe a song.
“Farewell, we’re going, Cold winds are blowing.
But we’ll be back when the days grow long.”
- more songs from England
- more songs about birds
- more spring songs
- more songs about nature
- more songs with the tonic triad in the melody
- more songs with the dominant triad in the melody
- more songs with I IV V chords
The following content is available below to Plus Members:
- PDF includes:
- Song with chords
- MIDI file