1.Oh I stuck my head in the little skunk’s hole,
and the little skunk said, “Well, bless my soul!
Take it out! Take it out! Take it out! Remove it!”
2. Oh, I didn’t take it out, and the little skunk said,
“If you don’t take it out, you’ll wish you had!
Take it out! Take it out!” Pheew! I removed it!
Rhythm: This fun song could be used to teach quarter rest and half note.
- Add claps on the quarter rests. Add woodblocks.
- Find the long note: the half note. Over-exaggerate the long sound and add a motion that demonstrates the long sound, such as pretending to push someone away with both hands.
- more songs with half notes
- more silly songs
- more animal songs
- voices – resources
- more songs with chords I V
- Extra verse
- This tune is Turkey in the Straw
The following content is available below to Plus Members:
- PDF includes:
- Song with chords
- Adapted version with different voices
- MIDI file