1. Oh I stuck my head in the little skunk’s hole,
and the little skunk said, “Well, bless my soul!
Take it out! Take it out! Take it out! Remove it!”
2. Oh, I didn’t take it out, and the little skunk said,
“If you don’t take it out, you’ll wish you had!
Take it out! Take it out!” Pheew! I removed it!
Rhythm: This fun song could be used to teach quarter rest and half note.
- Add claps on the quarter rests. Add woodblocks.
- Find the long note: the half note. Over-exaggerate the long sound and add a motion that demonstrates the long sound, such as pretending to push someone away with both hands.
Extras for Plus Members
- Song with chords, Adapted version with different voices
- MIDI file
- Listen to the song