1. Hush little baby, don’t say a word,
Papa’s gonna buy you a mockingbird.
2. If that mockingbird don’t sing,
Papa’s gonna buy you a diamond ring.
3. If that diamond ring turns brass,
Papa’s gonna buy you a looking glass.
4. If that looking glass gets broke,
Papa’s gonna buy you a billy goat.
5. If that billy goat don’t pull,
Papa’s gonna buy you a cart and bull.
6. If that cart and bull turn over,
Papa’s gonna buy you a dog named Rover.
7. If that dog named Rover don’t bark,
Papa’s gonna buy you a horse and cart.
8. If that horse and cart fall down,
You’ll still be the sweetest little baby in town.
Recorder notes: D,G,A,B,C’
- recorder DGABC songs
- animal songs
- nursery rhymes
- songs about family
- Music Program: Mother Goose
- songs with Orff arrangements
- songs with chords I V
- lesson ideas – Utah schools
- source: American Folk Songs for Children,Ruth Crawford Seeger, Doubleday & Company, Inc., 1948
Extras for Plus Members
- Song with chords in 2 keys, Orff arrangement
- MIDI file
Amazon link is an affiliate link. I earn a small commission, but there is no extra cost to you.