1. Eyes like a morning star, cheeks like a rose,
Laura was a pretty girl everybody knows
Weep, all you little rains, wail, winds, wail.
All along along along the Colorado trail.
2. Laura was a happy girl, smilin’ as the day,
Laura was a pleasant girl, now she’s gone away. Refrain
3. Sixteen years she graced the earth, and all life was good,
Now all life is buried beneath a cross of wood. Refrain
4. Ride all the lonely night, ride all the day,
Keep the herd a-rollin’ on, rollin’ on its way. Refrain
5. Black is the stormy night, dark is the sky,
Wish I’d stayed in Abilene, nice and warm and dry. Refrain
Extras for Plus Members
- Song with chords (PDF)
- MIDI file
- Listen to the song