Wade in the water, wade in the water, children.
Wade in the water, God’s gonna to trouble the water.
1. See that host all dressed in white,
God’s gonna trouble the water.
The leader looks like an Israelite.
God’s gonna trouble the water. Refrain
2. Who are these children dressed in red?…
Must be the children that Moses led… Refrain
3. Jordan’s water is chilly and cold…
It chills the body, but not the soul…Refrain
4. If you get there before I do…
Tell all of my friends I’m coming too…Refrain
- silly songs
- partner songs
- songs with countermelodies
- songs with syncopation
- songs with half notes
- minor / modal songs
- songs with Orff arrangements
- Lesson ideas
Extras for Plus Members
(or available for purchase here)
Song with chords, Lesson ideas for Rhythm (syncopation & half notes), Orff arrangement, Recorder countermelody (notes D,G,A,D’), Partner Song with Sometimes I Feel Like a Motherless Child (PDF)