I’m gonna sing when the Spirit says “sing.” (repeat twice)
And obey the Spirit of the Lord.
- Teach I’m Gonna Sing when the Spirit by rote.
- Students count how many phrases there are.
- Teach high D fingering on recorder. Echo patterns with high D.
- Notate recorder part on board. Practice playing.
- Board visual. Show where the bars on xylophone are.
- Students take turns playing xylophones and recorders while the rest of the students sing the song.
- more songs about singing
- more Spirituals
- more recorder DEGABC songs
- more recorder GABD’ songs
- more songs with countermelodies
- more songs with half notes
- more songs with low so & low la
- more songs with Orff arrangements
- songs with chords I, IV, V
Extras for Plus Members
- Visuals & Digital (Recorder countermelody) Visuals
Song with chords, Orff arrangement, Recorder Countermelody – notes G,A,B,D’ (PDF)