I’m gonna sing when the Spirit says “sing.” (repeat twice)
And obey the Spirit of the Lord.
- Teach I’m Gonna Sing when the Spirit by rote.
- Students count how many phrases there are.
- Teach high D fingering on recorder. Echo patterns with high D.
- Notate recorder part on board. Practice playing.
- Board visual. Show where the bars on xylophone are.
- Students take turns playing xylophones and recorders while the rest of the students sing the song.
Visuals (recorder countermelody)
- more songs about singing
- more Spirituals
- more recorder DEGABC songs
- more recorder GABD’ songs
- more songs with countermelodies
- more songs with half notes
- more songs with low so & low la
- more songs with Orff arrangements
The following content is available below to Plus Members:
- PDF includes:
- Song with chords
- Orff arrangement
- Recorder Countermelody – notes G,A,B,D’
- Printable Melody Visuals
- MIDI file
- Digital Melody Visuals