(African American Spiritual)
I’m gonna sing when the Spirit says “sing.” (repeat twice)
And obey the Spirit of the Lord.
- Teach I’m Gonna Sing when the Spirit by rote.
- Students count how many phrases there are.
- Teach high D fingering on recorder. Echo patterns with high D.
- Notate recorder part on board. Practice playing.
- Board visual. Show where the bars on xylophone are.
- Students take turns playing xylophones and recorders while the rest of the students sing the song.
Extras for Plus Members
- Visuals & Digital (Recorder countermelody) Visuals
- Song with chords, Orff arrangement, Recorder Countermelody – notes G,A,B,D’ (PDF)
- MIDI file
- Listen to the song