Worksheets / Assessments
- Writing Notes & Rests – This is a good way to make sure kids practice writing their notes and rests. I don’t make a big deal about making sure the quarter rest is perfect. If you think about it, “professionals” make squiggles, so I tell the kids they can also. However, I am very particular about making sure the kids color in the note heads of quarter and eighth notes and put the stems on the right side. We work on this sheet together.
- Recognize the Notes & Rests Quiz
- Rhythmic Dictation Assessment – We practice in many ways before taking this quiz. (See Popsicle sticks & Bow Wow Wow flashcards)
- Quarter Note & Rest & Eighth Notes – See Leaf & Pumpkin Sheets for download.
- Performance Assessment Rubric
- Performance Self-Assessment
- Rhythm Composition – See Rhythm Compositions for download.
- 2nd Grade Rhythm Lessons & Resources
- 1st grade rhythm assessments
- Drawing & Coloring Notes
- Rhythmic Content
- Meter / Time Signature Assessments
Extras for Plus Members
- Writing Notes & Rests Worksheet, Notes & Rests Assessment, Rhythmic Dictation Assessment, Rhythm Performance Assessment – Student Copy, Rubric, Self-Assessment