- Trumpeter and composer
- Director of Jazz at Juilliard since 2014
- His father, Ellis Marsalis was pianist and jazz teacher, and his mother was a jazz singer. Three brothers are also jazz musicians.
- Started studying trumpet at age of 12
- At age of 17, attended Tanglewood Music Center and Juilliard.
- At age 22, he was the only musician to win Grammy Awards in both jazz and classical categories.
- Was first jazz musician to win Pulitzer Prize for his oratorio, Blood on the Fields.
- Has won many awards, has sold millions of copies of recordings, has toured in 30 countries.
Extras for Plus Members
- Wynton Marsalis poster (PDF)