If perchance we should meet
On this wild prairie,
In my arms will I embrace
My darling brown-eyed Mary.
Turn your partner half way ’round
Turn your opposite lady,
Turn your partner all the way way ’round,
And prom’nade right hand lady.
Dance / Play Party
Formation – Double circle of partners, boy inside and girl outside, facing counterclockwise.
Verse 1 – Partners promenade in the circle counterclockwise.
- Phrase 1 – Partners join right hands and turn half way around so that the boy is facing counterclockwise.
- Phrase 2 – Boy joins left hands with the girl who was in the couple behind them and turns her around.
- Phrase 3 – Boy joins hands with original partner and turns her completely around.
- Phrase 4 – Boy takes the girl from behind as a new partner and prepares to promenade as song begins again.
- movement / dance songs
- 6/8 songs
- songs with chords I & V
- source: Handy Play Party Book, Lynn Rohrbough, Co-operative Recreational Service, 1940
Extras for Plus Members
- Song with chords
- MIDI file