1. Ku e ka Maro-a shtëpinë? Moj Maro, moj Mari. (repeat)
2. O tek porta me llamarinë. Moj Maro, moj Mari.
Tek porta me llamarinë. Moj Maro, moj Mari.
3. Po c’janë ata që vejnë e vijnë. Moj Maro, moj Mari?
C’janë ata që vejnë e vijnë. Moj Maro, moj Mari?
4. Duan të prishin krushqinë. Moj Maro, moj Mari. (repeat)
5. Krushqinë s’e prishin dotë. Moj Maro, moj Mari. (repeat)
6. O se kemi miqësi të fortë. Moj Maro, moj Mari. (repeat)
1. Which is Maro’s house? Hey Mary (girl’s name), hey Mari (boy’s name)
2. The one with the tin gate.
3. Who are those coming and going?
4. Ones wanting to break our (family) alliance
5. But they can’t break the alliance
6. Because our families are strongly connected
Someone comes into Maro’s village asking where her house is. A relative of Maro’s husband answers the questions. The questioner is just gossiping, trying to break Maro’s marriage (and the alliance between Maro’s family and her husband’s family). (source)
- more Albanian folk songs
- more minor / modal songs
- more songs in 6/8
- more dance / movement songs
The following content is available below to Plus Members:
- PDF includes:
- Song with chords
- MIDI file