Grandma Moses sick in bed
Called the doctor and the doctor said,
“Grandma Moses, you’re not sick!
All you need is a peppermint stick!”
Get up, shake shake, shake shake,
Get down, shake shake, shake shake,
Turn around, shake shake, shake shake,
Touch the ground, shake shake, shake shake.
- “sick in bed” = hands under head as if sleeping
- “called the doctor” = phone against ear
- “Grandma… you’re not sick” = point finger as if scolding
- “peppermint stick” = pointer finger held up like a stick
- “Get up” = hands up in the air
- “shake” = Shake hands* as if you were shaking water off (on the steady beat)
- “Get down” = hands down
- Turn around
- Touch ground
*You could also use a shaker instrument.
Extras for Plus Members
- Song with chords, Lesson ideas for Voices (PDF)
- MIDI file
- Listen to the song