Ring Ring the Banjo
1. The time is never dreary if my spirit never groans;
This life is never weary with the rattle in the bones;
Then come again my true love by the gaslight of the moon;
We’ll strum the old piano when the banjo’s out of tune.
Ring, ring the banjo!
I like that good old song,
Come again my true love,
Oh! where you been so long.
2. Once I was so lucky, my sweetheart set me free,
I went to old Kentucky to see what I could see;
I could not go no farther, I turn back to his door,
I love him all the harder, I’ll go away no more.
- more songs about banjos
- more songs about love
- more songs with chords I, IV, V
- more songs about Kentucky
- more songs with dotted eighth note – sixteenth note patterns
- more lyrics
The following content is available below to Plus Members:
- PDF includes:
- Song with chords
- MIDI file