1. Up in the air the trains go flying,
Quick as a flash to Boston town.
Over the roofs of the houses gray,
Clear to the ocean we look away.
2. Under the ground the trains go flying,
Quick as a flash to Cambridge town.
Under the houses and trees we fly,
Under the churches and towers high.
- minor / modal songs
- tempo resources
- songs about trains
- songs about Massachusetts
- songs about the Northwestern U.S.
- source: 140 Folk-songs with Piano Accompaniment “rote Songs” for Grades I, II and III,Archibald Thompson Davison, Thomas Whitney Surette, 1921
Extras for Plus Members
- Song with chords (PDF)
- MIDI file