1. What can you do, Punchinello, funny fellow?
What can you do, Punchinello, funny you?
2. We can do it, too, Punchinello, funny fellow,
We can do it, too, Punchinello, funny you!
3. You choose one of us, Punchinello, funny fellow,
You choose one of us, Punchinello, funny you!
Formation – Students stand in a circle with one student standing in the middle.
Verse 1 = Student in the middle make a motion on the steady beat.
Verse 2 = Students in the circle copy the motion.
Verse 3 = Middle student chooses another student to take his/her place.
- hand-clapping / motion songs
- circle singing games
- similar song (in French) – Polichinelle
- source: The Singing Game, Iona & Peter Opie, Oxford University Press, 1985
Extras for Plus Members
- Song with chords (PDF)
- MIDI file