(American folk song)
1. Knock the cymbals, do oh do (repeat twice)
O law, Susie gal.
2. Balance to the first…
3. Left hand crossed…
4. Right hand back…
5. All promenade…
Formation – Students stand in groups of 4 (2 partners “A” next to each other facing 2 partners “B”).
- Verse 1 – Circle right
- Verse 2 – Partners A bow to Partners B.
- Verse 3 – B1 joins left hand with A2 and B2 joins left hand with A1, crossing their hands over the others. Students walk to the right.
- Verse 4 – B1 joins right hand with A2 and B2 joins right hand with A1, crossing their hands over the others. Students walk to the left.
- Verse 5 – Partners promenade around the circle.
Extras for Plus Members
- Song with chords with Solfege (PDF)
- MIDI file
- Listen to the song