1. Oh come a-long, boys, and listen to my tale,
I’ll tell you of my troubles on the old Chisholm Trail.
Come a ti-yi yip-py yip-py yea, yip-py yea,
Come a ti-yi yip-py yip-py yea.
2. I started on the trail October twenty-third
With a bunch of long-horned cattle from the U-Seven herd. Refrain
3. On a twenty-dollar horse and forty-dollar saddle
I started out a-punching Texas cattle. Refrain
4. It’s cloudy in the West and looking like rain,
And, of course, my old slicker’s in the wagon again. Refrain
5. It’s bacon and it’s beans most every day.
I’d just as soon be eating prairie hay. Refrain
6. With my knees in the saddle and my head in the sky
I’ll quit punching cows in the sweet by and by. Refrain
- cowboy songs
- recorder DEGAB songs
- songs with I IV V chords
- similar song – Lone Star Trail
- source: Singing in Harmony,Ginn and Company, 1957
Extras for Plus Members
- Song with chords (PDF)
- MIDI file
- Listen to the song