1. Oh come a-long, boys, and listen to my tale,
I’ll tell you of my troubles on the old Chisholm Trail.
Come a ti-yi yip-py yip-py yea, yip-py yea,
Come a ti-yi yip-py yip-py yea.
2. I started on the trail October twenty-third
With a bunch of long-horned cattle from the U-Seven herd. Refrain
3. On a twenty-dollar horse and forty-dollar saddle
I started out a-punching Texas cattle. Refrain
4. It’s cloudy in the West and looking like rain,
And, of course, my old slicker’s in the wagon again. Refrain
5. It’s bacon and it’s beans most every day.
I’d just as soon be eating prairie hay. Refrain
6. With my knees in the saddle and my head in the sky
I’ll quit punching cows in the sweet by and by. Refrain
- This song is very similar to Lone Star Trail.
- cowboy songs
- recorder DEGAB songs
- songs with I IV V chords
- source: Singing in Harmony,Ginn and Company, 1957
Extras for Plus Members
- Song with chords (PDF)
- MIDI file