(American folk song)
1. There was a man and he was mad and he jumped in-to the pud-ding bag.
2. The pudding bag it was so fine that he jumped into a bottle of wine.
3. The bottle of wine it was so clear that he jumped into a bottle of beer.
4. The bottle of beer it was so thick that he jumped into a walking stick.
5. The walking stick it was so narrow that he jumped into a wheel barrow.
6. The wheel barrow it did so crack that he jumped onto a horse’s back.
7. The horse’s back it did so bend that he jumped into a taching end.
8. The taching end it was so rotten that he jumped into a bag of cotton.
9. The bag of cotton it set on fire and blew him up to Jeremiah.
(spoken) Poof! Poof! Poof!
For the elementary audience, skip verses 2 and 3 and make verse 4 say:
- “The pudding bag, it was so thick…”
- Or, make up your own verses!
Extras for Plus Members
- Song with chords (PDF)
- MIDI file
- Listen to the song