1. Shepherds, rejoice lift up your eyes, And send your fears away.
News from the regions of the skies, “A Savior’s born today!”
Jesus, the God whom angels fear, Comes down to dwell with you!
Today He makes His entrance here, But not as monarchs do.
2. “No gold nor purple swaddling bands, Nor royal shining things.
A manger for His cradle stands, And holds the King of Kings.
Go, shepherds, where the Infant lies, And see His humble throne.
With tears of joyin all your eyes, Go, shepherds, kiss the Son.”
3. Thus Gabriel sang, and straight around The heavenly armies throne;
They tune their harps to lofty sound, And thus conclude the song:
“Glory to God that reigns above, Let peace surround the earth;
Mortals shall know their Maker’s love At their Redeemer’s birth.”
4. Lord! and shall angels have their songs, And men no tunes to raise?
Oh, may we lose our useless tongues, When they forget to praise.
Glory to God that reigns above, That pitied us forlorn.
We join to sing our Maker’s love, For there’s a Savior born.
- Christmas songs
- songs in 6/8
- songs with dotted eighth note – sixteenth note patterns
- digital download
Extras for Plus Members
- Song with chords (PDF)
- MIDI file