Alligator high, alligator low,
Alligator fast and then he’s slow.
Alligator up, alligator down,
Alligator on the farm and also in the town.
What a great chant for teaching sixteenth notes!
Explore sixteenth notes:
- Pat the beat as they learn the chant.
- Identify “alligator” as having 4 syllables.
- All 4 syllables fit into one beat.
- Now pat the rhythm. Alternating hands will make it easier.
Extras for Plus Members
- Printable & Digital Visuals
Chant – several versions, Lesson ideas for Rhythm (sixteenth notes) (PDF)