Alligator high, alligator low,
Alligator fast and then he’s slow.
Alligator up, alligator down,
Alligator on the farm and also in the town.
What a great chant for teaching sixteenth notes!
Explore sixteenth notes:
- Pat the beat as they learn the chant.
- Identify “alligator” as having 4 syllables.
- All 4 syllables fit into one beat.
- Now pat the rhythm. Alternating hands will make it easier.
- more songs with sixteenth notes
- more chants
- more songs about alligators & crocodiles
- more hand-clapping songs
The following content is available below to Plus Members:
- PDF includes:
- Chant – several versions
- Lesson ideas for Rhythm: sixteenth notes
- Printable Visuals
- MIDI file