Each lesson is 30 minutes long.
- Opening Song (hello / welcome songs)
- School Song (orAmerican patriotic song) – pat steady beat while singing
- Rules/Announcements (See first day of school)
- Friendship Song/ Song with Positive Message
- Opening Song
- 3rd grade rhythm activity
- After all students have had a turn playing the 4-beat pattern (half note, 2 eighth notes, quarter note) on instruments, write the pattern on the board, say “half note, eighth notes, quarter,” students echo.
- Old King Cole (more nursery rhymes) (more chants)
- Teach chant or adapted melody and pat beat.
- Add hand-clapping pattern: pat, pat, clap (rest) while singing/chanting.
- Show rhythm visuals on board – rearrange into a measure or two and chant.
- Put the song / rhythm pattern / song in a form of ABA and perform.
- Introduce Long-Legged Sailor (more songs with hand clapping).
- I sing it to them and demonstrate the hand jive.
Lessons 3-15 available below.
Extras for Plus Members
- 3rd grade Rhythm / Meter Lessons (#1-15)