It’s fun to celebrate Music in Our Schools Month in the month of March each year.
- Put up signs.
- Decorate the school hallways with music notes and have a contest to guess how many. Put a shoebox outside the music classroom where students can submit their guesses, and at the end of the month, give out small prizes to the winners.
- Students make lists or draw pictures of how music affects their lives.
- Do a composer study.
- Have students compose their own pieces.
- Students make their own instruments.
- Perform an all-school sing-along.
- Play music before and after school and/or during lunch times.
- Invite the local middle school or high school to perform for your school.
- Post music trivia.
- Do a world music study. Choose a country or region to focus on.
- Study a musical or classical piece.
Extras for Plus Members
- Printable posters