1. A ship, a ship a-sailing, a-sailing on the sea.
And it was deeply laden with pretty things for me.
There were raising in the cabin and almonds in the hold.
The sails were made of satin, and the most it was of gold.
2. The four-and-twenty sailors that stood between the decks.
Were four-and-twenty white mice with rings about their necks.
The captain was a duck, a duck with a jacket on his back.
And when this fairy ship set sail; the captain he said, “Quack.”
- songs about mice
- songs about ducks
- songs about boats & ships
- songs about sailors
- songs in 6/8
- songs with the dominant triad in the melody
- source: The Child’s Own Music Book, The Largest Collection of Mothers’ and Children’s Songs, Musical Games and Piano Music Ever Published, Covering Completely All Phases of Child Life, Wier, 1918
Extras for Plus Members
- Song with chords (PDF)
- MIDI file