1. The flow’rets all sleep soundly beneath the moon’s bright ray.
They nod their heads together and dream the night away.
The budding trees wave to and fro, and murmur soft and low.
Sleep on, sleep on, sleep on, my little one.
2. Now see the little dustman at the window shoes his head.
And looks for all good children who ought to be in bed.
And as each weary pet he spies throws dust into its eyes. Refrain
3. And ere the little dustman is many steps away.
Thy pretty eyes, darling, close fast until next day.
But they shall open at morning’s light and greet the sunshine bright.
Sleep on… Refrain
- German folk songs
- songs about work/jobs
- songs with I IV V chords
- source: 140 Folk-songs with Piano Accompaniment “rote Songs” for Grades I, II and III,Archibald Thompson Davison, Thomas Whitney Surette, 1921
Extras for Plus Members
- Song with chords in 2 keys (PDF)
- MIDI file