Battle Hymn of the Republic
1. Mine eyes have seen the glory
Of the coming of the Lord.
He is trampling out the vintage
Where the grapes of wrath are stored.
He has loosed the fateful lightning
Of his terrible swift sword.
His truth is marching on.
Glory, glory hallelujah! (repeat twice)
His truth is marching on!
2. I have seen Him in the watch-fires of a hundred circling camps,
They have builded Him an altar in the evening dews and damps;
I can read His righteous sentence by the dim and flaring lamps:
His day is marching on. Refrain
3. In the beauty of the lilies Christ was born across the sea,
With a glory in his bosom that transfigures you and me:
As he died to make men holy, let us die to make men free,
While God is marching on. Refrain
- more American songs
- more songs with the tonic triad in the melody
- more songs with dotted eighth note – sixteenth note patterns
The following content is available below to Plus Members:
- PDF includes:
- Song with chords in 2 keys
- MIDI file