Which is the way to London town?
One foot up and other foot down.
That is the way to London town.
Recorder notes E, G
Version 3 - Minor in 4/4
(Melody by Arthur Whiting, publ. 1916, Lyrics Traditional)
See-saw sacradown, which is the way to Boston town? (repeat)
One foot up and other foot down. That is the way to London town. (repeat)
- Country: Northeastern states (U.S.)
- Harmony: Orff arrangements / one chord
- Melody: high & low / pentatonic / so-mi / E,G
- Meter: 6/8 / 4/4 & 6/8
- Scales: bitonic (version 1) / hexachord (version 2) / melodic minor (version 3) / pentatonic (alternate version)
- Timbre: Boomwhackers
- Tones: ms (version 1) / drmfsl (version 2)
- Source: Wee Sing Nursery Rhymes & Lullabies,Pamela Conn Beall and Susan Hagen Nipp, Price Stern Sloan, 1985
Extras for Plus Members
- Printable & Digital Visuals
- Song with chords (3 melodies), 2 alternate versions for High & Low / Up & Down, Orff Arrangement, Student Copies (notes E,G) (PDF)
- 3 MIDI files
- Listen to the songs