- Born in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Played cello and classical guitar
- Best-known South American composer of all time
- Combined Brazilian folk music with classical music
- At the age of 18, he traveled around Brazil, becoming well-acquainted with Afro-Brazilian music.
- He was the director of music education in the São Paulo school system and eventually led the music education of the whole country of Brazil.
- He toured the United States and Europe as a composer and conductor, eventually writing more than 2,000 pieces of music.
Extras for Plus Members
- Villa-Lobos Poster (PDF)