(Traditional chant, adapted by Beth Thompson)
All: Let’s go – Jump in, jump out, turn yourself about,
I said, Jump in, jump out, introduce yourself.
Student: My name is ________
Student: And I like _______
All: Uh huh. Your name is _______ (say student’s name)
All: And you like __________
Student: Uh huh
(Repeat with another student taking a turn.)
Formation: Students stand in a circle.
- Jump in – Students take a small jump into the circle
- Jump out – Students jump back to the place where they started.
- Turn yourself – Students turn around once.
- Introduce yourself – Students point to the student whose turn it is.
- On the rest of the chant, students clap on beats 2 and 4 of each measure.
Extras for Plus Members
- Notated chant, Lesson ideas for Voices, Soft & Loud, Slow & Fast, High & Low