Lyrics - Kikuyu
(Folk song from Kenya)
1. Kanyoni kanja, kanyoni kanja,
Gakugwanja na mītheko
2. Ndakoria atīrī, ndakoria atīrī,
Wamīcore watinda ku?
3. Ndatinda kairi, Ndatinda kairi,
4. Ī mbīrīgītī, ī mbīrīgītī,
Na ndinainū, kia kagoto.
5. Kagūa irianī? Kagūa irianī?
Gwa cū cū wa kamirūkio.
1. Little bird, little bird,
Laughing and rolling around.
2. I asked him, I asked him,
“Little striped one where have you been?”
3. “At the quarry, at the quarry,
Spreading little stones.
4. “All the rocks I left, all the rocks I left
And I lost all my little stones.”
5. “You lost them where? You lost them where?”
“All the stones fell into the sea.”
Extras for Plus Members
- Song with chords (PDF)
- MIDI file
- Listen to the song
Amazon links are affiliate links. I earn a small commission, but there is no extra cost to you.
3 thoughts on “Kanyoni Kanja”
The English translation is wrong!!
Please tell me what the English translation is so I can update it!
MY MUMMY USED TO SING FOR ME THAT SONG