1. Sixty seconds make a minute, Something sure you can learn in it.
Sixty minutes make an hour, Work with all your might and power.
Twenty-four hours make a day, Time enough for work and play.
Seven days a week will make, You will learn if pains you take.
2. Fifty-two weeks make a year, Soon a new one will be here;
Twelve long months a year will make, Say them now without mistake.
Thirty days- hath September, April June and cold November;
All the rest have thirty one; February stands alone.
3. Twenty-eight is all his share, With twenty-nine in each leap year.
That you may the leap year know, Divide by four and that will show,
In each year are seasons four, You will learn them I am sure;
Spring and Summer, then the Fall; Winter last, but best of all.
- another song that teaches facts: Geography Song
- songs about seasons
- source: The Child’s Own Music Book, The Largest Collection of Mothers’ and Children’s Songs, Musical Games and Piano Music Ever Published, Covering Completely All Phases of Child Life, Wier, 1918
Extras for Plus Members
- Song with chords (PDF)
- MIDI file