1. I made up my mind in the early morn
To leave the home where I was born
To leave my native home for awhile
And travel west for many a mile.
2. ‘Twas in the year of eighty three
That A.J. Stinson hired me.
He said, “Young man, I want you to go
And follow my herd to Mexico.”
3. ‘Twas in the springtime of the year
I volunteered to drive the steers.
I’ll tell you, boys, ’twas a long hard go
As the trail rolled on into Mexico.
- songs from the Southwestern states (U.S.)
- spring songs
- cowboy songs
- songs with chords I V
- source: Singing in Harmony,Ginn and Company, 1957
Extras for Plus Members
- Song with chords (PDF)
- MIDI file