(African American folk song)
1. Hambone, hambone, have you heard?
Papa’s gonna buy you a mocking bird.
2. If that mockingbird don’t sing,
Papa’s gonna buy you a diamond ring!
3. If that diamond ring don’t shine,
Papa’s gonna try some turpentine!
4. If that turpentine’s a mistake
Papa’s gonna throw you in the lake!
5. If that water splash on you
This whole story just ain’t true!
Recorder Notes D, E, G, A, B
See hand-clapping ideas in download below.
Extras for Plus Members
- Song with chords in 2 keys, Lesson Ideas for Form (Call & Response), Recorder Student Copies (otes D,E,G,A,B) (PDF)
- MIDI file
- Listen to the song