(Melody by John Stafford Smith, Lyrics by Francis Scott Key)
Oh say can you see by the dawn’s early light
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight’s last gleaming
Whose broad stripes and bright stars through the perilous fight
O’er the ramparts we watched were so gallantly gleaming?
And the rockets’ red glare, their bombs bursting in air
Gave proof through the night that our flag was still there.
Oh say, does that star spangled banner yet wave
O’er the land of the free and home of the brave?
- American patriotic songs
- songs with the tonic triad in the melody
- songs with dotted eighth note – sixteenth note patterns
- songs in 3
- Virtual Sheet Music
- American flag information
- SSB Museum
- Francis Scott Key & SSB printables
- Article: Calls for ‘The Star-Spangled Banner’ to be replaced with a new US national anthem
- Lift Every Voice and Sing
- Song with chords, 2 worksheets, assessment (PDF)
- MIDI file
- Listen to the song